Friday, June 11, 2010

Baked Potato Salad

The idea for this salad has been rolling around in my mind for a couple weeks now....I read in our local store's flyer about it and have been wanting to try it. I should go ask for a sample so I can see what their salad tastes like so I can copy it! But I never got a sample...I have been looking around for a recipe to no avail have found nothing of what I am thinking of. I want to take a bite and think, YUM loaded baked potato! Thanks to Hallee the Homemaker for consulting with me!

Baked Potato Salad
10 potatoes(about 2 lbs)
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 lb bacon, cooked, crumbled, drained
1 cup shredded cheese
2 tbsp dried chives

Wash and pierce potatoes. Place in 375 oven and bake until fork inserted in potato goes in easy. Cool. Once cool cube potatoes.  Mix in read of the ingredients and serve. Although I do recommend making this the day before you make it as it tastes even better the day after one the flavors mix together.

**This did work out perfectly! I did feel like there was too much mayo/sour cream, but K thought it was fine. You can easily adjust this up or down to make more salad or less. It was a great take on a potato salad and one that I'm sure I will make again! You can also try it with 1/2 plain yogurt as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment