Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zuppa Toscana Soup

I know it is summer and it might be a little to warm for soup, but in an effort to empty the freezer the chicken broth had to be used. It was K's birthday yesterday and I invited one of our friends over for dinner, so that meant I had to come up with something to eat. We love this soup at Olive Garden and I've made it before and had almost all the ingredients so this is what we are eating! This recipe comes from my friend Terra, she posted it on Facebook one night and I had to make it! Thanks Terra!

Zuppa Toscana Soup- from Terra R.
1 qt chicken broth
1 lb sausage(hot or sweet)
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bunch kale, veins removed, sliced into ribbons
1 lb potatoes, skins on, cubed
3 slices of bacon, cooked, crumbled, drained
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/4 cups milk(cream or half and half)

Remove casings from sausage, break up and brown. Drain on paper towels. Leave about 1 tsp of fat in pan and lightly saute onions. Place water, broth, garlic and potatoes in stock pot. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are softened. Add in sausage, onions, and milk. Stir in kale and cook until wilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment