Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blueberry Crunch Muffins

I did our big monthly shopping yesterday and the blueberries were on sale...and after I got home didn't look to pretty once I opened them and looked around. I remember seeing this recipe and knew I had a bunch of granola already made and I really wanted to try out my jumbo muffin pan. So all this meant trying out a new recipe and using an ENTIRE quart of yogurt! I ended up doubling the recipe and ended up with 6 jumbo muffins and 21 regular sized muffins. This is a single batch of muffin mix...my guess would be 1-2 dozen muffins.*Picture to come!

Blueberry Crunch Muffins-shared from Sweet and Savory
2 egg whites(or 1 whole egg)
1/4 cup applesauce
2 cup yogurt(I used plain then added 1 tsp vanilla)
1/2 cup flax seed(I used oat bran)
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup granola(since i used the bar recipe I crushed them)
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries, dusted in flour
additional granola for topping

Combine dry ingredients together. Mix in wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries. Place batter in prepared muffin pans(either liners or greased). Sprinkle granola on top and press down.  Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 mins until toothpick comes out clean. *You may have to tent the muffins half way through if you notice the granola is browning too quickly.

**These are pretty tasty...but not sure if they rival the blueberry buttermilk muffins. They seemed dense and not fluffly, but still good to eat! Q loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment