Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Watermelon Lemonade

After making Strawberry Lemonade last week and having my mom split a huge watermelon with me(after we just finished a whole one last week) I needed something to do with the watermelon before it went bad. I did use less sugar this time.
Watermelon Lemonade-Taste Of Home
3-4 cups cubed watermelon
1-1 1/4 cups lemon juice
4 cups water, divided
2/3 cup sugar

Place lemon juice and watermelon in blender and blend until smooth. Heat up 2 cups of water and mix in the sugar until dissolved. Add to juice mixture and the additional 2 cups of water. Stir and enjoy!

**I'm sure this would be VERY refreshing on a hot summer's day...if we had a hot summer's day today. It is currently rainy and in the 60's. I liked this a lot with less sugar than the previous recipe and had just the right amount of tart and sweet for the girl who doesn't like lemonade...yet this is the second lemonade I've made in a week! Hopefully I keep finding them marked down!

No comments:

Post a Comment