Thursday, June 3, 2010

Leftover Turkey Bake

This is essentially homemade stuffing with cranberries and turkey already mixed in. It was pretty simple to prepare once you have the bread made. I love Thanksgiving dinner so this was just about all the essentials in one casserole!

Leftover Turkey Bake-adapted from Taste of Home
6 cups cubed whole wheat french bread(or any bread)
2-3 cups cooked, cubed, turkey
1 onion, diced
3-4 stalks celery, sliced
2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 tsp poultry seasoning
pepper to taste

Saute onions and celery for about 5 mins. Add in turkey. Pour in broth,cranberries, and seasonings. Stir in bread until completely moistened. Place in 350 degree oven for 20-30 mins until heated through.

**My mom thought something was missing, so I was a bit hesitant to try it. But I found that it was quite tasty(a bit on the salty side, but that was because I used bouillion). I think serving it with cranberry sauce would be a nice

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE this. I love Thanksgiving. I've never been big on the turkey but everything else is delicious.

    ReplyDelete