Monday, June 14, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day-June 2010

This past saturday, my friend Amy from A Foodie Fairytale, came over and we had our very first freezer cooking day. It is something we have been wanting to do for a while and we finally got a chance to do it! We had a total of 32+ meals, we had a wonderful mostly kid free time! I am also glad it decided to rain and not be too hot and humid. It worked out perfectly and we can't wait to do it again!

So within the next few weeks I will be sharing with you the recipes I made and I believe Amy will be sharing hers, I will make sure to link up to them when she does so you can see all the goodies we made and how to make them!

We started with all these ingredients...the meat is not shown as it was all in the fridge/cooler.
We started at 930 and ended at about 430ish. It wasn't bad all for a days work! We were both tired to say the least and we learned exactly what not to make on days like this that take a little more time. All recipes were doubled and some recipes that were found in Amy's freezer meal cookbooks gave us 3 meals each.

Here is what we made:
-chocolate chip cinnamon rolls
-Breakfast burritos
-Choc. chip zucchini muffins
-blueberry scones...and they had an accident by setting my smoke alarm off. But I was able to save most of them and they tasted delcious!
-Pumpkin French Toast Sticks(which the boys have loved)
-Blueberry Banana Pancakes

Dinners:
-Sloppy Joes with homemade rolls
-Cran-Mango Chicken
-Tequila Lime Chicken
-Denise's Beans
-Spanish Rice
-Sausage, onion, pepper calzones
-Veggie Lasagna
-Chedder Jack Burgers
-Pineapple chicken Fajitas
-3 cheese baked spaghetti

All of our finished meals!

and one VERY full freezer!


and the aftermath...I'm still working on the dishes and I have a dishwasher. Just been busy and I was too pooped to do them saturday night. 
*at least the ones on the right ARE clean and we did wash dishes as we went...but all the baking came at the end, which is something we will alter for next time! 

and for lunch we had strawberry margaritas..and potato pizza!
and last but not least, I have to give credit also to my husband K! He helped measure out all the dry ingredients the night before which helped this go a lot smoother!

2 comments:

  1. WOW You're ambitious! Goodness...look at all your reward! I don't blame you one bit for leaving the dishes for later. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose I could beg and whine until you give up the Cran Mango Chicken recipe?? ;)
    This looks like a phenominal idea! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete