Monday, June 14, 2010

Pineapple Chicken Fajitas

I know I owe all my faithful readers a new recipe and this one I can do off the top of my head! It's really quite easy and one that I made for our freezer cooking day. Amy just had these and reported that they were very good, but spicy. It was a new recipe for the seasoning so you may want to cut back on the pepper. I have yet to have them, but she tends to have a higher level of spice tolerance. I have made them before, but I used a store bought seasoning....so you can choose! Pictures to come once we eat them!

Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
1 lb chicken breast, chopped(I used tenders and was lazy and left them whole!)
1 onion, sliced
1-2 peppers, sliced
2 tsp jerk seasoning*
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
8-10 flour tortillas

Brown chicken until cooked through. Saute peppers and onions until tender. Add chicken, pineapple, and seasoning into pan and heat until warm, stirring. Place filling into tortillas, fold, and enjoy!

Jerk Seasoning-from allrecipes.com
2 tbsp dry minced onion(omitted)
2 1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp ground allspice
2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Mix all together and sprinkle on desired food.
**Now looking at the recipe perhaps the reason it was so so spicy was because I split it between the two bags...and should have only used a little! Lesson learned!

To prepare this for the freezer all I did was put veggies and chicken in a gallon size bag. Sprinkled the seasong on top and moved it around to evenly coat it. Then in another bag I placed in the pineapple, sealed it and put it inside the bag and sealed the gallon bag so it was all ready to go! Easy!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I just made something similar today, I made quesadillas though that had pineapple and pork. That jerk seasoning looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete