Thursday, August 26, 2010

Banana Bread-The Deceptively Delicious Way!

Now that I have all these purees in my freezer, I need to use them up! Nevermind that I have 2 bunches of very ripe bananas to use, so I decided to try this recipe!

Banana Bread-shared from Deceptively Delicous
1/2 cup ap flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon(optional)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup applesauce(or oil)
2 large egg whites
1 1/2 cups banana puree
1/2 cup cauliflower puree
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients and put aside. Combine purees, egg white, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well. Add in flour and mix until combined. Place in loaf pan(may need to grease it). Cook for 55-60 mins in 350 degree oven.

**This was ok...it seemed very dense and not very thick. Q devoured it...honestly I wrapped it up, froze it, and sent it to my brother in laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment