Friday, August 13, 2010

Cherry Skillet Chicken

Another delicious recipe from Fix, Freeze, Feast!

Cherry Skillet Chicken
1 lb chicken breast
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
HOT water
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/3 tsp salt

Place cherries in a bowl and cover with hot water, let sit for 5 mins. In the mean time combine the rest of the ingredients in a zip top bag. Add in chicken and cherries. Release air from bag and freeze. When ready to cook thaw and cook until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice, if you prefer.

**This was actually pretty tasty! I of course ran out of time and didn't make rice to serve it over. I made a Balsamic Mozzerella and Tomato Salad, it did work well!

2 comments:

  1. oh... I'll have to try this for my husband -- he loves cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite books! I have only found one recipe I didn't like so far!

    ReplyDelete