Thursday, August 12, 2010

Donut Muffins

I saw these a couple weeks ago on The Pioneer Woman's cooking blog...yup they looked absolutely delightful and couldn't want to try them out! I think another blog also had them up that week, but they were called by a different name. So I knew I had to try them! If you haven't checked out The Pioneer Woman's blog...you should all her recipes and pictures are superb! The recipe actually comes from Tasty Kitchen which are from reader submitted recipes, but occasionally Ree highlights a recipe!(and yes I changed the really long name...)

Donut Muffins-adapted from Tasty Kitchen
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp each:salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup milk(I did use almond milk)
1 egg

Topping:
2 tbsp melted butter
3 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
*you may need more topping, I didn't actually measure it as I already had some made and just added more in when I needed it.

Combine dry ingredients. Mix together wet ingredients and sugar, slowly add in dry until just combined. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins.* I did let mine go a bit longer to let them get brown. Remove muffins while still warm and dip in melted butter then into cinnamon sugar.

**These were AWESOME and another very easy recipe to make and put together! They did taste very much like a donut...and I wonder if I could use apple cider in place of the milk for apple cider donut muffins...something to try once fall rolls in! I was just informed by my 3 yr old that they were good....and the dog agreed! (yes the poor thing lost his muffin to a dog!)

2 comments:

  1. these look good. I don't eat donuts, but I think I might try and make these today

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo good. I have them on my "to try" list. What an awesome idea to use apple cider instead of the milk. That sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete