Sunday, August 22, 2010

Peaches and Cream Muffins

I had some things I needed to use up in a hurry...peaches and sour cream. So I found this recipe to try out! I am in the process of making food for my brother in laws...I owe him his birthday present I believe still which was in May! OOPS!

So anyway, on to the recipe! This was very quick and simple to come together, the longest part was really chopping the peaches and I did leave the skins on.

Peaches and Cream Muffins-adapted from Taste of Home
1 1/2 cups flour(I used half wheat/half ap)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 cup sour cream or milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen peaches, thawed, chopped

Mix together dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and stir to combine. (This was a pretty thick batter, so I added the peaches to help move it along) Place in prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown and cooked through.*The recipe says it makes 10 muffins, I got 12 plus a heart shaped ramekin that was equal to 2 more muffins!

**These were approved by my 3 yr old so they must be good!

3 comments:

  1. they look really yummy! wish it wasn't so hot here.. afraid to turn on my oven...

    ReplyDelete
  2. such yummy flavor combo, wish I had peaches to make these!

    ReplyDelete