Wednesday, August 11, 2010

No Bake Granola Bites

Joy the Baker shared this recipe the other day. It sounded wonderful and easy too! I knew with it being hot it would be perfect to make! I was a renegade and did use all 2 tbsp of butter...normally I sub applesauce, but sometimes you just need a little treat! (So perhaps next time I'll try the applesauce) I will also double it as well!

No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bites-shared from Joy the Baker
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey(I used maple syrup)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
2 tbsp butter
1 cup rice krispies
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup craisins(or any dried fruit)

Place syrup, butter, and peanut butter in small sauce pan. Cook until butter is melted and peanut butter softens.(Mine did end up boiling, and it the pb was melted). In the meantime, combine cereal, dried fruit, and oats. Stir to combine. Mix in syrup mixture and stir. Scoop using a small cookie scoop onto a wax paper lined cookie sheet. *I had to press mine in firmly in hopes they would stay together, yet I still had some fall apart, but I just left them. Place in refrigerator to harden.

*These do have the potential to be gluten-free if your oats are gluten free!

**These came together very quick and easy! I will double them next time and they are SO VERY GOOD!! I did use natural peanut butter as well! This might be my new granola recipe!

2 comments: