Sunday, September 12, 2010

Apple Brown Betty Muffins

Tiffany over at Eat at Home posted this recipe a few days ago. I added it to my list because I am ALWAYS looking for new muffin recipes and seen as it is apple picking time, what is better than an apple muffin? I had some apples that needed to be used up so I made them yesterday...when I was FREEZING! Yes it is definitely feeling fall like here!

Apple Brown Betty Muffins-adapted from Eat at Home
2 cups flour(half whole wheat/half ap)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 stick butter(1/4 cup)
1/4 cup applesauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup finely chopped apple(I chopped 2-3 apples)

Stir together dry ingredients. Beat the butter, applesauce, and sugar together until combined.(The butter will look chunky, I just beat it until they were small pieces). Fold dry ingredients into wet, just until combined. Fold in apples.

Place in greased muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 mins. *Recipes says it makes 12 but I got 15 or 16 muffins

**These are some of the best muffins I've made in a while! They are moist and just the right amount of sweet. I didn't want to alter the butter or sugar at first, but then I decided too. I can only imagine what they would taste like with ALL the butter and sugar in them. So I made them a touch healthier...the boys haven't' seem to eat them yet, but that's fine I'll eat them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment