Saturday, September 11, 2010

Glenn's Famous Brownies

I have been looking for a really good brownie recipe...I haven't found it yet, but this MAY be it! According to the recipe its more about the process than the ingredients. This is the original name as they are that good so I'll just keep it! I didn't change anything about the recipe, normally I might sub half applesauce for the butter, but I find that changes the texture of the brownie.  I like a chewy, gooey brownie and it says it should deliver! I take the back I did use whole wheat flour...and the batter was delicious!

Glenn's Famous Brownies-adapted from Let's Dish
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together salt, flour, and cocoa powder, set aside. Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan, remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla.  Quickly whisk in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add butter mix to flour mix until well incorporated. Pour into greased pan 8x8 pan and cook at 350 degrees for 25-35 mins.

**I think I just found my new FAVORITE brownie recipe! They really did live up to the name! YUM! Even the batter was tasty and it was chewy and gooey, everything a brownie should be! And yes they are made in a pie plate because I actually DON"T own a 8x8 or 9x9 inch square pan!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, Following you from Spotlight Saturday, pls. follow back!

    ReplyDelete