Friday, September 3, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I had some leftover pumpkin that I wanted to make into some pancakes or muffins. Well the heat is back so I didn't' want to heat the house up, so pancakes won!

Pumpkin Pancakes-adapted from Allrecipes.com
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp vinegar

Whisk together dry ingredients. Add in remaining ingredients until just combined. *This is a very thick batter. Spread batter onto hot griddle. Spread out with spoon if needed. Flip when bubbles form and edges look cooked.

**These were delicious, fluffy pancakes! YUM!! And I may or may not have had extra filling leftover from the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and topped these with that instead of syrup! For a special treat or to WOW guests I would go that route for sure!

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, I haven't made pumpkin pancakes in awhile! I'm surprised by the vintgar in them. I don't use that. Interesting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbi-I think it makes it so the milk is perhaps more like buttermilk? not sure on the exact reason really that's just my guess! whatever it does it makes it work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, I just love filling pancakes, these look delicious. Thanks for linking up to the pumpkin roundup.

    ReplyDelete