Thursday, September 23, 2010

Choclate Chip Crunch Cookies

I have a very large box of corn flakes...I bought them for something and then apparently forgot what for because they have yet to be opened and I KNOW I bought them a few months ago! A wanted to bring a snack to preschool and he asked for cookies. I saw this recipe and thought it sounded different.

Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies-adapted from Taste and Tell
1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white sugar(and it was actually 2/3 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups crushed cornflakes
1-2 cups chocolate chips

Mix together sugars and butter. Add in eggs, soda, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Combine flour into sugar mix. Fold cornflakes and chocolate chips into batter.*This is a very thick/sticky batter.

Scoop batter onto cookie sheet. Press dough down using a fork in a criss cross pattern in the center, like you would for peanut butter cookies.

Bake in 375 degree oven for 8-10 mins.

**The batter was very sweet, so I was glad I cut the sugar back. The original recipe said to cook for 10 mins, and they do spread a lot! These are a thin crispy, crunchy, cookie. The next few I only cooked for 8 mins and these were softer, chewier in the middle with crispy edges. So you may want to watch how long you cook them. I did still find them sweet, but its probably just me!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that does seem like alot of sugar, but they sure look good, I'm like you I love a chewy cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna, I believe the original recipe called for 1 cup of EACH sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! - what a jam packed amazing blog you have! Can't wait to go check out more of your d'lish recipes! :-)

    ReplyDelete