Saturday, September 18, 2010

Maple Chocolate Chip Muffins

I needed a muffin recipe...I remember I had a couple that involved maple so I looked them up seen as I had just replenished my maple syrup. I used a combination of 2 recipes one from Diary of a Recipe Addict and Cutting Coupons In KC. I found the recipes to be fairly similar(one uses sour cream, the other buttermilk) but I went with the sour cream version as I needed to use it up! I also used a tad less syrup and added chocolate chips. I also did not glaze them...

Maple Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Mix together dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips. Place batter into greased mini-muffin pan and cook at 375 degrees for about 12 mins.

**I did double the recipe and used half butter/half applesauce. They were light and moist, but the maple was not a prominent flavor(for a double batch I used 3/4 of syrup). Q seemed to really like the ch. chips as he dug them OUT of the muffin! The ginger also was not a prominent flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment