Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rice Pilaf...Take 2

I was looking for a more "authentic" rice pilaf for dinner the other night. I actually had orzo on hand and found a great recipe! It was quick and simple...well quick for 20 mins!

Rice Pilaf-shared from Allrecipes
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup onion, diced fine
1-2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 cup orzo
1/2 cup rice
2 cups broth

Place butter in pan and melt. Add in orzo and cook until browned and then add onion cook until soft. Then add in garlic and cook for 1 min. Stir in rice and broth, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 20-25 mins until rice is cooked through.

**This was really good! We tried to compare it to the first recipe I made, but apparently we couldn't remember what it tasted like! This definitely reminded me of a boxed version...but better!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I haven't had rice pilaf like this in years. It was pretty darn good from what I remember, too :) I have all that stuff on hand, I think I'll have this tomorrow. Thanks Heather!

    ReplyDelete