Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cheesy Spinach Lasagna Soup

Seen as today is the first day of Fall...I had planned a soup! Of course New England weather is at it again and its in the 80's, but we are still having soup!(This will post after the first day of fall!) This is another lasagna soup recipe...although I'm not sure that I ever shared my first version of it! It is slightly adapted as I don't have the mozzerella cheese, but I'm sure it will still be delicious!

Cheesey Spinach Lasagna Soup-adapted from What a Crock
1 lb itlalian sausage
1 onion, diced
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 10 oz box frozen spinach, thawed, drained
1 qt chicken broth
1 pkg frozen cheese tortellini or 1 cup mini pasta
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
8 oz mozzerella, diced(optional)

Brown and crumble sausage. Remove from pan and drain. Leave some oil from sausage in the pan and saute onion and garlic. Add in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and broth. Stir in seasonings. Bring to a boil. Add in pasta if using it and cook until al dente. OR cook tortellini separately and add to the soup.

Mix in spinach and cheese if using. Top with parmesan cheese.

**This was really good! I know the other lasagna soup I have was more of a tomato base where this did have some tomato in it that wasn't all that it was! Perfect for a fall day...or summer day!

3 comments:

  1. Looks tasty! I love a "white" lasagna, so this soup is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simmering on our stove top right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this one night last week and it was so good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete