Friday, September 24, 2010

Creamy Apple Quesadilla

We went apple picking over the weekend..the result is I now have 23 lbs of apples to use for something! I received an email from Pillsbury and found a couple of tasty recipes I can't wait to try. This was one of them that I couldn't wait to try!*It doesn't seem to photograph well...but its still very tasty!

Creamy Apple Quesadilla-shared from Pillsbury
1/2 apple, sliced thin
4 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 flour tortillas
butter or spray oil
cinnamon and sugar for topping(optional)

Mix together cream cheese, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Spread some onto each tortilla. Place apple slices on top, cover with other tortilla. Spray with oil/butter and place in pan, cook until brown. Flip and allow to brown on the other side. Remove from pan, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, cut into quarters.

**This was a really quick and easy snack to make. We did serve ours with dinner. It was tasty too!

4 comments:

  1. Have you every tried homemade apple sauce?! I highly recommend it with all your apples. We enjoy it plain, but also use it on top of waffles/pancakes!

    These look fun too -- I'm adding them to my Friday Favorites. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have SnoWhite, but right now I have a HUGE jar open so I figured I need to use that up first. I may try some apple butter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these in the Friday Favorites and they look delicious! YUM!

    ReplyDelete