Friday, September 17, 2010

Pineapple Beef Stir Fry

K isn't too much of a fan of stir fry...I LOVE it! Mostly because its an easy way to get lots of veggies(hence why he isn't a fan of it) and can use up leftovers! I got a great deal on some steaks at the store yesterday and this was on my menu so I went with it.

Pineapple Beef Stir Fry-shared from Taste of Home
1 lb steak, sliced thin
20 oz can of pineapple
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 tsp grated ginger
1-2 tsp minced garlic
1 jalepeno, seeds removed, diced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp canola oil
hot cooked rice

Mix together 3/4 of a cup of pineapple juice(from can), soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Pour 1/4 cup over beef, cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.

Place oil in pan and allow to heat up. Stir fry beef until cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.*My beef let off a lot of juice, so I removed that as well and kept it aside. Stir fry onions and peppers. Mix together cornstarch and reserved sauce. When just about done add in the rest of the sauce and pineapple. Bring to a boil and let thicken. Add in beef and allow to warm through.

Serve over hot rice. I decided to use some lo mein noodles I had in place of the rice.

**I felt something was missing in this recipe, but it was very tasty. I loved using the lo-mein noodles as well. K liked it and the boys just liked the noodles of course!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I love stir fry - and pineapple :) What do you think it was missing? I have that problem often with stir fry too, its just missing something...wish I knew what it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish i could figure it out! i ended up adding more soy sauce as I was eating it.

    ReplyDelete