Saturday, September 4, 2010

Homemade McGriddles

While I have never actually had one of these at McDonald's I saw the idea on a recent blog I was reading. I was looking for something new to make so we have a quick breakfast to eat while running out the door. It's usually me who has this problem, K doesn't usually do breakfast, but these are good to have on hand for his lunches too! These do take a little time to assemble but they are by no means hard, just takes a few steps!

Homemade McGriddles-shared from Hoosier Homemade
your favorite plain pancake recipe
sausage patties or bacon(cooked)
1 egg/mcgriddle
1 slice of cheese/mcgriddle
pure maple syrup

Mix up pancake batter and spread batter out int silver dollars. Drizzle with maple syrup. Cook until bubbles form on top and flip. Cool.

Take one egg, and scramble in bowl. Pour onto hot griddle, and try to keep it from spreading out.(I found by using the hot griddle it got it to cook faster so it stopped the spreading). Continue until all eggs are done.

To assemble: take 2 pancakes of the same size. Lay down the egg, cheese, and bacon or sausage. Place 2nd pancake on top. Wrap in paper towel and then in foil.(If you are freezing)

**I used brown and serve breakfast sausage patties and just kept them frozen as mine were just going into the freezer. Next time I think I will put the maple syrup right into the pancake batter instead of the sugar. This was a thick batter, but I did not thin it. They look delicious! Clearly I need to work on my pancake size!

No comments:

Post a Comment