Sunday, October 3, 2010

Apple Brownies

We are slowly using the apples up, this is one of my favorite ways to use them! I had never heard of apple brownies before, but a few years ago my friend Jen F. shared the recipe with me and here it is! Thanks Jen!

This makes an 8x8 pan, but I usually double it for a 9x13 pan.

Apple Brownies-shared from Jen F.
1 cup peeled, chopped apples
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350.

Beat togther butter, sugar, and applesauce. Add in egg. Slowly add in flour. Followed by cinnamon and baking powder. Mix until combined. Fold in apples. Place in greased pan. Bake for 35-40 mins. Cool before cutting into bars.

**These are very moist and delicious! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. This do look yummy AND I have all these ingredients right now!

    ReplyDelete