Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pineapple Ginger Pork Chops and "Buttered" Noodles

I had to use up some pork chops and this recipe sounded delicious! It was fairly quick to put together, but it does require 20 mins to simmer, I still had it on the table in 30 mins.

Pineapple Ginger Pork Chops-adapted from Taste of Home
3-4 pork chops
salt and pepper
1 tsp fresh grated ginger(or more to taste)
juice from pineapple(about 1 cup)
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup pineapple chunks(or the whole can)

Season pork with salt and pepper, brown in pan. Add in 3/4 cup of pineapple juice, ginger, and pineapple. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 mins until chops are cooked through.

In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup juice and cornstarch, mix throughly. Remove pork from pan and slowly add in juice mixture. Allow for pan juices to thicken. Place chops back into pan and let warm up.

**This was really good, but I used too much ginger which was fine for the pork, but it made the pineapple very gingery. So you might want to be careful with it. They were moist and delicious!

I needed a side dish and knew I still had some purees left. I haven't decided if I really LOVE Deceptively Delicious yet, but this recipe was a winner in all our our books, and no one knew what was in it!

"Buttered" Noodles-shared from Deceptively Delicious
8 oz pasta
1/2 cup summer squash puree
1/4 cup milk(which I forgot)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp grated parm cheese(there was probably more of this)
salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta until al dente. Drain. Toss noodles back into hot pan and add in puree, butter, cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until combined!

*It is true, the boys had no idea there was squash on this, actually K didn't either. I didn't tell them because I KNEW if I said there was squash on it they wouldn't have eaten it. K would have, A would have said gross! Although I do have him believing that zucchini is cucumbers...what he doesn't know! I think other purees would work well in this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment