Friday, October 15, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs in Blue Cheese Sauce

I had some blue cheese hanging out waiting to be used...I really bought it for a reason and then it never happened. We love blue cheese though so I knew it wouldn't go to waste. I also had some ground chicken breast to use up. So the meatballs were born...no one really gets credit for this as I actually came up with it on my own and I was quite impressed with myself!(Although, I'm sure if you looked around you could probably actually find one!)

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
1 lb ground chicken(breast)
1 egg
3 palmfuls breadcrumbs
about 3 tbsp blue cheese
2 tbsp hot sauce
sprinkle of garlic powder
sprinkle of onion powder

mix all ingredients together. The mixture is a bit wet, but do not over mix. Add a few more breadcrumbs if you like. Form into balls and lay on rimmed baking sheet. Place in 350 degree oven for about 20 mins or until cooked through.

**Now these on their own were pretty good, but I loved them even more with the blue cheese sauce on them and mixed with spaghetti squash. It actually impressed me on how good it was!

I knew I wanted a sauce to go over the meatballs and the pasta. Then I decided to use the spaghetti squash I had instead. This sauce is easy to bring together, but it just took forever as it was still very thick! Plus the squash seemed to take forever to cook as well.

Blue Cheese Sauce-adapted from All Recipes
4 oz softened cream cheese(I used low fat)
3-4 tbsp blue cheese
1+cup milk
2 tbsp hot sauce(more if you like)

Place all ingredients into a sauce pan and whisk. Cook until cheese is melted and heated through. You may want more or less milk depending on how thick you want it. After a while I lost count on how much I added!

**This was super tasty and was perfect with the meatballs. The spiciness was perfect for me as it wasn't super spicy. You can adjust it to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment