Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crunchy Jumble Cookies

This recipe comes from a mom whose son I had back when I was working in a preschool classroom. We ALL loved this recipe and BEGGED her for it, now that I have it I do make it a lot! I love the crunch of the rice cereal and it uses less butter and sugar too!

I decided to try the new pumpkin shaped cookie sheet my mom bought for A this weekend as he wanted cookie pops. I did grease the pan(and have a witness), but they still stuck. I had every intention of making some faces on the cookies, but the chocolate I was going to use was no good so they look more like circles.

Crunchy Jumble Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups rice krispies
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream together sugar and butter. Mix in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter. Fold in chocolate chips and cereal. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment