Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

I never used to like oatmeal and then I started eating it after reading that oatmeal helps boost your supply while nursing. So I put aside my dislike for it and ate it while nursing Q, now I eat it all the time. I love a baked oatmeal as well! I was looking to use up my pumpkin I had and wanted to make bagels, but realized I was out of bread flour so I will try those another day!

Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal-adapted from Nightlife
2 3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup raisins(omitted)
1/4 cup dried cranberries(omitted)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 cups milk(or alternative)
2 beaten eggs
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts(omitted)
*I added in a 1/2 cup chocolate chips for the fruit

Mix ingredients together well. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan. Batter is very runny. Bake for 50-60 mins until center is set and firm.

**To me this doesn't have a huge pumpkin flavor. Even though it cooked for 50 mins and the center was set and firm, they are still almost battery in the battery once they were cut. They taste very good and will be fine to eat with some milk over them, but they just weren't as dry as other baked oatmeal I have made. Q devoured 3 of these, he loved them!

No comments:

Post a Comment