Sunday, October 17, 2010

Beef and Broccoli

I needed a very quick dinner and had pulled a random steak out of the freezer. I had just bought some broccoli so I decided to whip up some of this. The longest part of the recipe was cutting the meat!

Beef and Broccoli-shared from Allrecipes.com
1/3 cup oyster sauce
2 tsp sesame oil(I actually only used 1 tsp)
1/3 cup sherry or white wine vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce(or tamari)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
3/4-1 lb beef round steak, sliced thinly into strips
1/4 inch grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb broccoli, cut into florets
1 tbsp oil

Mix together everything except the beef and broccoli until combined. Add in steak and marinate for at least 30 mins.

Pour in oil in the pan, and stir fry steak until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Add in broccoli and cook for about 5-7 mins until crisp tender. Add steak back in and heat through. Serve over your favorite rice.

**I really don't know how authentic this is as I've never had it at a restaurant, but K and I both thought it was very tasty. The boys didn't eat it they had cheerios which they were quite happy with. I was told it hit the spot for Chinese, which we very rarely eat anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment