Friday, October 29, 2010

Mexican Ravioli

A few weeks ago I was looking for something different to make with ravioli besides your typical white or red sauce topping. My friend, Meggan, shared this recipe. She hadn't tried it yet, but it sounded good to both me and my friend Amy, so we made it for our cooking day.

Except I forgot that it really doesn't go well with my lactose intolerant child...so he had something else!

Mexican Ravioli-shared from Myrecipes
1 25 oz pkg frozen cheese ravioli
1 16 oz jar salsa
6 oz can tomato paste
2 cups black beans
1/2 tsp cumin
1-2 cups shredded cheese

Mix together beans, salsa, puree, and cumin. Now I laid the ravioli in the bottom of the dish and topped it with this mix and spread the cheese on top, BUT the original instructions say to layer it like a lasagna. So it's your choice.

Place in 350 degree oven for 45 mins covered. Remove cover and cook for another 5 mins until hot and bubbly.

**Q loved the beans, A liked the ravioli. K liked it all...and for me well...it was just ok. I've decided I'm just not a fan of ravioli casseroles, but its more of a texture thing than it not tasting good. I shared one with a friend who's boyfriend is vegetarian and they both said it was really good. So did Amy and her family, but she would add in some corn next time for some color. I would too, if I made it again. But considering Q' can't eat it, I probably wont! It was pretty quick and easy to make and great for a make ahead meal!

2 comments:

  1. I think this might be dinner tonight. I meant to slow cook a roast but forgot to take it out of the freezer. I have a package of ravioli and I think I'll do this. With the corn. I'll let you know how it turns out and link back to you when I post it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found it. It's RIGHT there! No idea why I couldn't find it before! I added the link, thanks!

    This recipe rocked! Excellent for a quick meal! Loved it with the corn!

    ReplyDelete