Sunday, October 10, 2010

Freezer Cooking day-Part 2

Back in June we had our very first cooking day and it was quite successful. Unfortunately, due to our summer schedules Amy and I haven't been able to do another one until now. So I am headed off to her house today to have another one.

So on today's menu we will be making...
-White Bean Chicken Chili
-Taco Soup
-Pumpkin Pancakes
-Apple Chicken Burgers w/rolls(rolls are finished)
-Salisbury Steak
-Pumpkin Granola
-Egg McMuffins
-BBQ Pulled Pork w/homemade rolls(these are actually already done)
-Sweet and Sour Kielbasa and rice
-Mexican Ravioli

On Amy's list...
-Apple Sauce(canned, done night before)
-Apple Pie filling(canned, done night before)
-Chicken Enchiladas
-Honey Pork Chops
-Cranberry Mango Chicken
-Muffins...I can't remember which kind
-Wild Rice Soup
-Four Cheese Minestrone
-3 Cheese Baked Spaghetti(I think)

All of my prep work is done except for grating the onion and apple for the burgers. Everything is measured and set to go. We found last time that we needed to do some more prep work first, now it doesn't seem so daunting of a task. It took us about 8 hrs last time so we will see how long it takes us doing it this way. Never the less I'm sure we will have fun and our freezers will be fully stocked.

We might also be canning our soup, if we can get our hands on a pressure canner.

1 comment:

  1. if we lived closer I'd let you borrow my pressure canner :) Alas, there's like 1/2 a country between us LOL! Have fun on the cooking day! Sounds like you've got some yummy things planned :)

    ReplyDelete