Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meatball Minestrone Soup

I saw this recipe in one of the magazines I get. I can't remember if it was Parents or Parenting...maybe it was even Family Fun! But I thought it looked delicious! So I tried to give credit where credit was due and now on to the recipe!

I did adapt this to a slow cooker.

Meatball Minestrone Soup
1/2 recipe of The Best meatballs
1 onion, diced
2 minced garlic cloves
1 cup diced carrots
4-6 cups chicken broth
2 cans white beans, rinsed drained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 tsp itlalian seasoning
1 cup orzo pasta

Toss everything into a slow cooker, except for orzo. Cook on high for 2 hours. About 30 mins before you are ready to eat, stir in the orzo and cover tightly.

**This soup was really good and easy to make. Mine didn't have many carrots in it and no garlic...I was out of both! The orzo did continue to keep on cooking so it ended up more like a casserole as leftovers the next day, but it was still quite tasty! I did have to add some extra salt and pepper as the broth was homemade.

1 comment:

  1. I love soup and I love my slow cooker! Definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete