Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Stuffed French Toast

I knew I wanted to make French Toast with the cinnamon chip bread...but then I discovered some very ripe bananas I wanted to use up. I remember recently seeing a post from Hallee the Homemaker about using her George Foreman grill to make stuffed French toast. I loved the idea as I am always looking for different ways to use it. It is a quick and easy way to make the French toast too!

I did use bananas that I sliced thin the long way, but I think apples, or the cream cheese filling from Cheesy Apple Quesadillas would work well too!

Stuffed French Toast
1 loaf cinnamon chip bread(or your favorite bread), cut in thick slices
2 eggs
1 cup milk
dash of cinnamon
dash of nutmeg

Turn George Foreman grill on so it's nice and hot and ready for you!

Mix together eggs, milk, and spices.

Dip one side of the bread into the egg and place on grill. Place 1-2 slices of banana on bread, dip second piece of bread (only once side) and place on top. Continue until grill is covered. Lower lid and cook for about 4-5 mins.
You might want your "grease catcher" under it as it might leak, mine did not, but I see Hallee's did. She also flipped hers and mine did not need to be flipped. It did stick a bit so next time I might spray the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment