Friday, February 26, 2010

Baked BBQ Ribs

We haven't had ribs in a while so the last time I went to the meat store I picked some up. I finally decided to cook them, but didn't want to use my slow cooker like I usually do. While I like the slow cooker and they come out fabulous this way, I wanted to try something new. Kim at Mac's Kitchen Adventure shared her version, but I also used this recipe from For the Love of Cooking. I did use a homemade bbq sauce that I found on another blog and I will share that...eventually.

Baked Ribs-adapted from Kim and Pam
Ribs(I can't remember how many lbs I had maybe 2-3 lbs)
1 bottle of beer
1/2-1 cup water
bbq sauce
bbq rub


Rub down ribs at least the night before with bbq rub(I used the pampered Chef version). Line bottom broiler pan(or roasting pan) with foil. Place grate over it. Lay ribs on top and top with bbq sauce. They were not completely covered, but I knew as the sauce heated up it would melt down. Pour beer and  into the bottom of the pan. Cover tightly with foil. Place in preheated  250 oven and cook for 3 hrs. Take ribs out, baste with sauce, check to make sure there is enough liquid in the bottom of pan, and place back in the oven for 2 hrs or until done.

These were served with sweet potato fries and cucumbers. K really liked them, I personally think I like them made in the crock pot better.

**sorry no picture, I completely forgot to take one!

No comments:

Post a Comment