Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins-adapted from Taste Of Home
I love this recipe! It is probably one of my favorite muffin recipes to date! A loves it when I make "baby muffins". He gobbles them right up, not knowing they are very healthy for him. I get about 2 dozen "baby muffins" and 1 dozen regular size muffins. Quick and easy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 scant cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup egg substitute(or 3 eggs)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine egg, egg substitute, pumpkin, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Kids Help: Measure, pour, and stir ingredients. they can also help line the muffin tins and crack eggs...just be sure they don't miss the counter and crack it by it falling on the floor!