Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie 1

I found one lonely piece of a pie crust that I bought and wanted to use up, so I decided to make a chicken pot pie. I only had one, so I put a layer of mashed potatoes as the bottom crust. K and I decided we wanted the flaky crust for the top! (Beware there are a couple processed foods in this pie, but you can easily use homemade versions!)

Chicken Pot Pie

2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 stalk of celery, sliced
1-2 cups chopped carrots(I chopped some baby ones)
1 onion, chopped
1 can of low fat/sodium cream of mushroom
1/2 can milk
1 bag of frozen peas
1 pie crust
2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
pepper
Italian seasoning

Heat skillet with 2 tsp olive oil, once warm add in carrots, onion, and celery. Saute until soft. Add in chicken, soup, and milk. Cook until heated through. Season to taste. Add in frozen peas.  In a 2 qt casserole dish(or pie pan), layer in mashed potatoes. Top with pie filling and cover with pie crust and seal. Poke holes(or design in top). Bake at 350 for 40-50 mins or until heated through and crust is golden brown

**This can be easily frozen for later use!

No comments:

Post a Comment