Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I decided to try a new oatmeal chocolate chip cookie...they are good, but very sweet. This of course was AFTER I cut the sugar, I should have cut it down more. So if you do not like overly sweet cookies, I'd cut down the sugar to at least a cup if not less...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies-adapted from What Megan's Making
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar(this is what i lowered it to)
1/1/2 sticks of butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips

Mix together brown sugar and butter until creamy. Add in vanilla and egg and mix. Sift together flour, soda, powder and mix in salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mix. Mix until incorporated. Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 mins until browned.

**Mine were thing and crispy, but that could be do to many factors(warm butter, the weather, pan im using etc) I like them this way so I don't mind!

1 comment:

  1. these look yummy. I'm a new follower from FF.

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com/2010/02/thanks-for-stopping-by.html

    ReplyDelete