Saturday, February 13, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is another delicious find! K has eaten 3 since he's been home for hour. In the words of A, they are "not bad". Clearly he has been around me and K to much! To me they are outstanding!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies- shared by For the Love of Cooking

1 very ripe banana
1/2 scant cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 lge egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups quick cook oatmeal
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup pecans(optional)

In large mixing bowl, combine butter, banana, vanilla, sugar, and egg. Mix thouroughly. Add in flour, soda, salt, and oats. Mix to combine. Fold in raisins, nuts, and chips. Bake at 350 for 13 to 15 mins until they are brown and set.

**In the oringal post it looks like her cookies flatten more than mine did. Mine basically stayed the same "ball" they went in as. I use a scoop so all my cookies are essentially the same size. Chances are I'll have to make more tomorrow as I do not think these will last very long!

No comments:

Post a Comment