Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream

I was reading a new blog this weekend called, Mennonite Girls Can Cook. One of the recipes that caught my eye was Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream. I had all the ingredients on hand so I decided to give it a try. My ice cream maker is something that doesn't get used a lot and I then went on to decide that I'm making homemade ice cream for Q's first birthday, whenever my husband's schedule allows us to celebrate it!

Peach Buttermilk Ice Cream- shared from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
2 cups of buttermilk
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup scant sugar
1 lb frozen peaches
1 tsp vanilla extract

Place peaches in blender and blend into chunks. Mix together sugars, extract, and buttermilk. Add in peaches and pour into ice cream maker. Press start and let run until a soft ice cream forms. Pour into a bowl and freeze.

**This was probably another one my mom gave me funny looks for...but surprisingly we liked it again! I really liked the tang that the buttermilk offered. We did decide it was almost to sweet so if and when I make it again I'll cut down the sugar. You can also use any kind of fruit you would like. Fresh fruit can also be easily used.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I've been wanting an ice cream maker forever! I found a recipe that uses the thick greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon to make a frozen yogurt. That is all the ingredients so it is very healthy if you get the 2% or nonfat greek yogurt. Maybe you should give it a try since you have an ice cream maker ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sara id love the recipe and ill try it out for you!

    ReplyDelete