Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sloppy Joe Casserole

This has become one of my all time favorite casseroles. It freezes very well and is hearty. It's so yummy...I made it for my brother's in law for christmas. I altered the veggies because one of them doesn't eat green veggies. I wasn't about to take all this time to make them food and then they don't eat it. I used frozen corn and it made it WAY to sweet...so seriously use the mixed veggies!

Sloppy Joe Casserole

1 Recipe for sloppy joes
1 16 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
prepared mashed potatoes

Mix together sloppy joes and veggies. Top with mashed potatoes and bake in 350 degree oven for 20-25 mins until warmed through.

To make mashed potatoes, peel and chop potatoes. Place in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Let boil 10-15 mins until fork tender. Drain. Add in butter, milk, and seasoned salt. This is done by taste...and mash.

1 comment:

  1. I make a shepherd's pie without the sloppy joe part that my fam loves, but i think I might try this one for a change :)

    ReplyDelete