Monday, February 22, 2010

No Rise Wheat Pizza Crust

I have experimented a lot with pizza crusts. Some I've used with whole wheat flour, some with bread flour, others with a combination of the the two. Sometimes I used my kitchenaid mixer and other times the bread machine. Well after having this one again yesterday I think I've decided we will just stick with this one. Its quick, simple, and mighty tasty. Although, if I do find more I'm sure I am apt to try other recipes, but they are all pretty similar.

No Rise Wheat Pizza Crust-shared from Finding Joy In My Kitchen

1 tbsp yeast
1 cup really warm water
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup flour

Mix together water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside while you measure the flour. Add in oil and salt, stir. Add wet ingredients to flour and mix until combined. Then need on a lightly floured surface until firm. Cover and let dough rest while you get the pizza toppings ready about 10 mins.

Then spread out into pizza form on cookie sheet or pizza stone(circle or square). I always pre-bake mine for 5-8 mins in 400 degree oven. Then I add the toppings and bake for another 10-15 mins until browned.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't made homemade pizza in a really long time. Your crust recipes sounds great! Thanks for linking it up.

    ReplyDelete