Sunday, February 14, 2010

Oatmeal Pie Crust

This recipe was also found on Finding Joy In My Kitchen. I recently found a healither version of a graham cracker crust so I used part of that recipe with SnoWhite's. It seemed to work well...and it does taste pretty good.(Yes I just ate my dessert before my dinner!) It doesn't have a flaky texture of a normal pie crust, its more chewy, but it seems to work in this recipe. You can of course always revert the the original.

Oatmeal Crust- adapted from Finding Joy In my Kitchen

1/4 cup flour
1/2 whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cook oatmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp light olive oil
2 tbsp light vanilla yogurt
4 tbsp ice cold water






Mix together flours, oatmeal, and salt. Slowly drizzle in oil, mix in yogurt. Add in water until dough becomes sticky. Place in greased pie pan and press out using wax paper. Fill with filling of your choice.



**To prebake: pierce dough with fork several times and place in oven at 400 degrees for 10 mins or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment