Monday, March 8, 2010

Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins

I am always on the lookout for new muffin ideas...while this is not a new one, the ingredients were a bit different! I did a lot of adapting because its a weight watcher recipe and I have since learned that sugar substitutes have been triggering headaches and I am focusing more on "real" food.

Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins-adapted from Pudget-Loosing Weight on a Budget
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
4 tbsp sugar(for splenda)
2 tbsp agave nectar(in place of maple syrup)
5 tbsp(or 1 individual container)blueberry applesauce(no sugar added)
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
4 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries

Mix together flour, sugars, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl beat buttermilk, applesauce, extract, agave, butter, and eggs until mixed throughly. Spoon in flour mix until combined. Fold in blueberries.

Place in muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20-22 mins until cooked through. This made 1 dozen regular sized muffins and 1 dozen "baby" muffins as A likes to call them.

**These are super moist and flavorful! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! I have been really trying to do the clean eating. I look forward to trying some of your recipes, when I can eat again!! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete