Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maple Breakfast Casserole

On Saturday I attended the Taste of Home Cooking School's cooking show with my mom, aunt, and soon to be cousin in law, Meg. We had a good time and they shared some great recipes with us. This one was one we all thought sounded very good and I have some leftover bread to use up, so that is what is for dinner tonight!

Maple Breakfast Casserole-from Taste of Home Cooking School
1 pkg bulk maple sausage(if you can find it!),browned
10 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups apples(about 2 large), chopped and peeled
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
6 cups cubed bread
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325. Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla, stir well. In a small bowl toss apples with cinnamon and sugar.

Place half of the bread on the bottom of a 13x9 inch greased pan. Sprinkle half sausage, half apples, and half cheese. Repeat layer. Pour egg mix evenly over casserole.

Bake uncovered for 55-60 mins or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if it browns to quickly.

**My mom thought it was missing something, perhaps the "maple" in the maple flavored sausage. K thought it was really good, and me well I like the french toast not in a casserole. I think its purely a texture thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment