Sunday, March 28, 2010

Steak and Cheese Grinders

I have been craving steak and cheese grinders...hoagies, subs, heroes, whatever you may call them for a while now. I of course haven't been able to find any shaved steak at my grocery stores. Thankfully, my mom told me they had it on sale at her store so she picked me up 2 packages, so thanks mom!


I used to cook at a local ice cream place back in college, so this recipe is taken from there. Oh how I love Anne's...


Steak and Cheese Grinder
2 sweet peppers(i used red and orange), sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 lb shaved steak
garlic powder
salt
italian seasoning
cheese(I used shredded cheddar)
4 grinder rolls


Saute peppers and onions, about half way through cooking add in your steak. The steak will not take long to cook so you will want your veggies almost done. Once your steak is added sprinkle in seasoning, this is done by taste, I basically just sprinkle it around the pan. Stir and continue to cook until no longer pink. Sprinkle cheese over the top and allow it to melt. Divide meat and veggies on top of grinder rolls and serve. 


**Now this should feed 4 normal people with 4 normal sized rolls...our rolls were huge and well we ate it all, just the 2 of us in one meal!(ok K, didn't finish his, but his was bigger than mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment