Monday, March 1, 2010

Stroganoff Melts


I found this recipe on What's for Dinner, I was intrigued because I love stroganoff and the one time I tried making my own cream of mushroom soup, it just was not the same. I figured this too had a can of soup, but upon further review I discovered it did not! So onto the menu it went!

Stroganoff Melts-shared from What's for Dinner?
1 lb ground beef
8 oz fresh mushrooms, diced small
1 onion, diced
1 cup beef broth
1 tsp thyme
salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
1/4 cup flour
1 cup sour cream
whole wheat english muffins
shredded cheddar cheese

Brown meat, onion, and mushrooms in pan. Drain. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle in flour, stir. Let cook for about 1 min. Add in broth and let thicken. Stir in sour cream until melted. Spoon over toasted english muffins, top with cheese, and place under broiler until cheese is melted.

**K and I were very impressed with recipe! It was very easy to make and quick. It tasted just like if I was to use a can of soup. I also am not a fan of mushrooms but like the flavor, so I diced them really really small and they blended right in with the meat. You wouldn't have known they were there unless I told you! Having them on the muffins was a great change of pace. I also toasted the muffins because I do not like soggy bread. You may need to add more or less flour depending on how thick you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment