Monday, March 1, 2010

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes

I love lemon poppyseed muffins, so when I found this recipe, I decided to give it a try! I'm always on the lookout for new pancake ideas...I love them. K could take them or leave them. He'd much prefer just to have eggs on a Saturday morning, but I sometimes get tired of those, so we must compromise!

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes- adapted from All Home Cooking.All Year Long
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
juice and zest of one lemon
1 tbsp+1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 beaten eggs
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Sift together flours, sugar, powder, and salt. Add in poppy seeds. Mix together eggs, milk, sour cream, juice, and zest. Fold into dry ingredients until moist.

Place 1/4 of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges start to harden, unlike other pancakes these do not bubble, so watch them! Flip until browned on the other side. We enjoyed these with syrup and butter! YUM!

**Next time I will probably add a little more lemon juice/zest because I could hardly taste the lemon. K thought they were great and the boys liked them! They were fluffy too!

2 comments:

  1. Those look so good!
    I bet they'd be good served with crème fraiche, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definately! i would have served them with whip cream if i had it...

    ReplyDelete