Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cranberry French Toast

I decided to make French toast with the cranberry swirl bread I made earlier in the week. Now I do not have a recipe for french toast, as I eyeball it. But Hallee also posted her recipe for French toast this week, so I am going to share her recipe as hers has measurements and I'm sure it will be just as good!

Cranberry French Toast- adapted from Hallee the Homemaker
1 loaf of cranberry swirl bread, sliced thick
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1 tbsp sugar(which I did forget, but with the sweetness of the bread, can be omitted)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt(omitted)

Preheat griddle. Mix together all ingredients except for bread. Once everything is well incorporated, dip bread in make sure to cover both sides. Place on griddle.(You can butter the griddle if you wish, I did not.) Flip once the side is golden brown and continue cooking until the other side is done.

Spread with some butter and drizzle with either pure maple syrup, cranberry syrup, or powdered sugar and enjoy.

**I made cranberry syrup a while ago and froze the rest. It did NOT freeze well, it came out more jell like, K did try it, but never heard how it was. I will add the cranberry syrup once I find the recipe. The French toast was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment