Friday, March 26, 2010

Maple Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

A couple weeks ago in our local paper they did an article on pure maple syrup as it is sugaring season right now. They had a couple of recipes in it and this recipe intrigued me so I decided to give it a try. The cookies are right now waiting to be sent over seas to my friend Hallee's husband and his feel troops. Hopefully they like them...

Maple Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup pure maple syrup
2 1/2 cups flour(your choice)
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped pecans(or walnuts)
1/2 to 1 cup m&ms(optional)

Beat together milk, syrup, eggs, and butter until well combined.(the butter will still be lumpy) Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda. Add in oatmeal. Fold in pecans and m&ms.

Place by rounded tbsp onto cookie sheet for 15 mins at 350.

**These do not have a strong maple flavor, not as much as I had thought considering there is a cup of syrup. The m&ms are not part of the orginal recipe but felt the recipe needed something...The baked cookies did redeem themselves. K says they are more cake like than a crispy,chewy cookie. Also in the original there is milk in the ingredient list but not in the recipe, so when I added the milk the dough was too soft so I added another cup of flour to get a cookie dough consistency(this has been accounted for in the recipe I posted).

While the cookies are good, just not sure they will make my list of "I must make them again".

No comments:

Post a Comment