Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vanilla Pudding

I was making my youngest son a birthday cake for his birthday, but I decided to try out the mini-bundt pan I snagged from my mom...and well none of them came our pretty. It was quite frustrating. So I had to figure out what to do with the cakes...and even the cupcakes didn't turn out, the chocolate chips stuck to my silicone cups, they apparently didn't have enough flour on them so they didn't sick to the bottom of the pan. So I decided to save them with a trifle...of course I have no cream to make whipped cream, so my friends said to do chocolate and vanilla pudding when I couldn't make up my mind which one to do.

Vanilla Pudding- from Allrecipes.com
2 cups milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp butter

In medium saucepan, whisk together dry ingredients. Slowly add in milk while whisking, turn heat on. Heat mix until thickened, so that it stays on the back of a spoon. I kept whisking occasionally while it thickened. DO NOT BOIL! Add in butter and vanilla, whisk until incorporated. Cool in fridge until ready to serve. To keep a skin from forming, place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the pudding.

**This was fairly simple and easy to make. It didn't really take any longer than using a boxed mix. Ok so maybe it took a little bit longer but only long enough to heat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment