Saturday, March 20, 2010

Parmesan Breadsticks

It seems whenever I have a soup on the menu I need some kind of bread to go with it...I couldn't decide whether I wanted a focaccia or bread sticks. I decided on this recipe!

Whole Wheat Parmesan Bread Sticks- adapted from Myrecipes.com
2 cups whole wheat flour
1-2 cups all purpose flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast(or 1 pkg)
1-1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
butter or butter flavored cooking spray
salt

Stir water, yeast, and honey together in stand mixer bowl. Let sit for 5 mins.Slowly add in 3 cups of flour, add in additional flour(may not need all of it) and cheese until soft dough forms. Change to dough hook and need for 6-8 mins until smooth and elastic.

Divide dough into 4 pieces. Cut dough into equal pieces and roll out into breadstick form. Place on cookie sheet and cover. Let rise for 30 mins. Before placing in oven, spray/base with butter and sprinkle with salt.

Cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 mins until golden brown.

**These were fluffy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. I was glad I put the salt on them because otherwise they seemed to have been missing something. I did use shredded parm instead of grated and perhaps that made a difference, but they matched perfectly with the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment